Greetings parenting trendsetter!
If you’ve had the opportunity to meet me or one of our consultants, you’ll agree that our passion for serving families just like yours is hard to hide! We are parents of young children too, and our goal is to shared the evidence-based, positive, and proactive strategies that we feel make our job as parents easier with you. Watch this video before reading on.
If you answer yes to any of the following statements, you are likely a parenting trendsetter!:
- I am not willing to settle for the standard, reactive, punishment-based discipline of generations before me.
- I think outside the box when it comes to resources for my children and family.
- I have considered or utilized holistic or alternative practices with my children and family.
- I don’t want to punish my child but am not sure what else to do.
- My child’s behavior is normal for his or her age, but it is disrupting our daily schedule, activities, and interactions so I’m looking for ways to support him/her.
- My marriage is suffering because we cannot agree on how to manage our child’s behavior.
- Punishment, timeouts, nor removing toys/privileges work with my child and I am looking for a more positive approach.
- I would rather spend my precious energy each day enjoying my child and preventing unwanted patterns of behavior, as opposed to reacting to his/her unwanted behavior and putting out fires all day.
- I’m tired of constantly saying, “no”, “don’t”, or “stop”
- I want to enjoy every moment with my child…even the most challenging ones!
We are confident that we have the tools you have been looking for if you agree with any of the statements above. The more statements you agree with, the more likely our approach is to resonate with you and your values.
For which statements did you answer yes?
What were you thinking about as you read the statements above and answered yes?
These types of concerns are just what Behave Your Best was designed to address; the “normal” challenges of parenting in early childhood. Prior to starting Behave Your Best, I noticed a sense of complacency in parents on social media sites and during interactions with other moms at various community events. Parents are told to just, “hang in there.” We are told it is a “normal phase that will pass.” While these well-meaning statements may be true, they don’t make the moments of struggle any less stressful. I was inspired to help parents not only endure these “normal phases” of parenting, but to embrace them; to translate the most challenging moments of parenting into teachable moments of behavior regulation! You do not have to endure! If you are not willing to settle for enduring the challenges your child presents, but instead seek out resources to educate yourself and your child so that you can support them through those challenges and not just get through them but ROCK THEM, YOU ARE A PARENTING TRENDSETTER!
My blog post last month listed all of the ways that we serve PARENTING TRENDSETTERS like you! Click here to read that post.
One way we empower parents is with free monthly webinars. Join us for a FREE webinar on the first Wednesday of each month at 8:30 pm. We will provide tips to help you address the concerns for which you answered “yes” above.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Jamie Waldvogel, MS, BCBA
Founder and Owner of Behave Your Best!
The material contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to create or constitute a behavioral consultation relationship between Behave Your Best, LLC and the reader. The information contained herein is not offered as behavioral consultation and should not be construed as behavioral consultation.