All of the tools you need for a speedy but gentle potty-training journey.
Feeling a bit lost in the world of conflicting potty-training advice?
Not all potty training approaches are backed by research. Learn to use the evidence-based methods of Applied Behavior Analysis that can significantly reduce training days, accidents, and unwanted behavior.
Jamie is our potty whisperer. In just a couple of visits our daughter was potty trained—something we had been working on for over a year. Her positive approach is down to earth and easy to follow through on.– Tara*
We Offer Three Potty Training Resources to Get You On Track
In just 24 hours, my little princess was doing it all on her own, initiating going to the potty all by herself!”– Heidi*
FREE Potty Training Get Started Kit
Just need a little support to start your journey?
Our free potty training kit can get you started off on the right foot. It includes:
- Potty Training Progress Log
Collect baseline information and use your child’s data to make decisions about next steps throughout the process.
- Why Should I Use Reinforcement?
Why potty training is one skill that we recommend building by using a temporary, artificial system of reinforcement.
- Guide to Wise and Efficient Use of Reinforcement
Learn how to apply reinforcement without creating dependency on or expectation of reinforcement.
- Top 4 Potty Training Baby Steps
Each child needs to master these steps along the way. Use this guide to identify where to start with your child.
- How to Gradually Fade Reinforcement
Once your child masters potty training, we’ll help you remove the need for reinforcement.
Online Potty Training Workshop
Which method of potty training actually works? How do I know if my child is ready? Is there any way to do this really fast?
In this $15 workshop, we’ll review the literature supporting our approach as well as tips and tricks we’ve learned from training hundreds of children. Workshop available for 90 days upon rental. A 30-minute phone consult is included with the rental of this workshop.
If you get stuck along the way (or would like a little coaching on the front end), we’re available for more extensive in home consultations.
In home consultations include:
- An evaluation of necessary skills your child may be missing
- An action plan for how to move forward based on your child’s unique needs
- Skill development through breaking down potty training into baby steps so your child learns quickly without feeling overwhelmed
- Training to help your child to initiate the use of the potty, which minimizes accidents
- A next steps summary
Best of all…we teach you to train your child. This reduces the need for us to return, as you develop the skills you need to complete the task.
Prior to your in-home consultation, please schedule a free, 30-minute phone consult.
Jamie helped me potty train a very stubborn, almost 4-year old. Only 2 days and he was trained and done…no accidents! Jamie used such patience and understanding when helping to train our son. Her methods made him comfortable and he had fun-he actually enjoyed the whole process!”– Molly*
Our team has a track record of success with families who have already “tried everything.”
Are you running into any of these issues?
- My child refuses to poop on the potty chair
- My child gets constipated during potty training
- My child is afraid of the potty
- My child refuses to sit on the potty chair
- My child urinates or has a bowel movement right after leaving the potty chair
- My child picks a spot in the room to go squat instead of using the potty chair
- My child begs for a diaper when he or she needs to urinate or have a bowel movement
- My child doesn’t care if he or she wets or dirties his/her pants
- My child was potty trained but now has regressed
Many parents have successfully overcome these issues using our free toolkit and $15 workshop, which includes a free, 30-minute phone consultation.
If these didn’t solve the problem for you, please check out our in-home parent coaching services. We’d love to help you empower your child for success!
Our daughter is almost 5. She would not even sit on the potty without a ridiculous fight. Her anxiety was unexplainable. We tried numerous times to get her to go on the potty, and we had no luck. Jamie was able to connect with our daughter and within half of a day, she was going pee in the potty proudly and then the 3rd day, poop in the potty. Poop in the potty was not even talked about because it scared our little girl so much. My husband and I cannot even believe what Jamie was able to do.– Christa*
Potty Training Readiness Criteria
While we can work with most children successfully in a short time, there are certain readiness factors that we do look for, including:
- Your child is at least 2 years old; if your child is younger than 2 years old, and meets the readiness criteria below, he or she may still be ready for potty training
- Your child’s doctor has not identified any medical conditions that would preclude bladder or bowel control (please inform consultant if your child experiences irregularity of bowel or constipation)
- Your child is able to pull his/her pants/shorts/underwear down independently; most children learn this as part of the potty training process
- Your child willingly accepts physical guidance/assistance
- Your child is able to tolerate and understand delayed rewards
- Your child isn’t experiencing other significant changes such as the birth of a sibling or starting a new daycare
If your child hasn’t shown interest in the potty, we can help! This isn’t a prerequisite.
If you felt discouraged when you read one or two of the above criteria, we can still help!
If you are running into these or other behaviors that might impact potty training, we’d love to come alongside of you in some targeted parent coaching sessions.
Still not sure if your child is ready? We offer a free, 30-minute phone consultation to help you decide on best next steps.
*Per the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts we cannot solicit testimonies from current clients. You can read more about our practices and policies related to testimonials here.