We offer monthly teacher webinars!
6:30 – 8:30 PM CST
*Free for teachers of our partner schools. Check with your director.
- All webinars are available for continuing education credit in Minnesota in Develop/MNCPD; and Illinois in Gateways.
- You MUST register and complete pre and post tests to receive continuing education credit.
- Early registration fee is $25, which applies when you register by the end of the day on the Sunday before each webinar. Late registration fee is $35, which applies if you register one day prior to or the same day as the event.
- Our webinars are hosted using Zoom meeting rooms.
- For more information on continuing education credit areas and course descriptions click here
- You can also search for our courses in the Develop database: www.developtoolmn.org
March 16, 2021: Teach Social Skills to Prevent or Replace Unwanted Behavior in the Group Setting
Inability to perform appropriate social skills is a common reason why toddlers and preschoolers display challenging behaviors in the group setting. In this workshop, we first review how to respond to unwanted behaviors while minimizing the potential that the child learns new unwanted behaviors. We review the common reasons for unwanted behaviors in the group setting. We describe 6 pivotal social skills to teach children aged 18 months to 5 years old, and provide an experiential method for teaching the social skills to children in the group setting. This is a Level 1 course. Learn more & register!
March 23, 2021: Implement a Successful Nap Routine
Prevent chaos at nap time by creating positive routines that will promote sleep. Review information on early childhood sleep norms. Discuss several examples of challenging behaviors that present at nap time. Learn and understand the skills that children need in order to be successful napping in the group setting. Develop plans to prevent challenging pre-nap behavior. Content exclusively owned by Behave Your Best, LLC. This is a Level 1 course. Learn more & register!
April 6, 2021:Assessing Patterns of Avoidant Behavior in Children
April 20, 2021: Teach Children to Make Choices to Set the Foundation for Behavior Regulation
May 18, 2021: Teach Children to Listen the First Time
June 15, 2021: Combat Impulsivity: Teach Children to Wait and Accept No
July 20, 2021: Teach Children to Stay Busy When Adults Are Busy
August 17, 2021: Teach Children to Transition Successfully in the Group Setting
September 21, 2021: Talk Objectively About Unwanted Behavior to Keep a Parent’s Switch On
September 28, 2021: New course! Set your classroom up for success
October 19, 2021: That Behavior Came Out of Left Field!
October 26, 2021: New course! Bridge the Gap Between School and Home
November 23, 2021: Assessing Patterns of Avoidant Behavior
December 21, 2021: Evaluate and Continuously Improve Your Behavior Guidance Strategies
December 28, 2021: New course! Advanced Social Skills to Teach to Replace Unwanted Behavior