Training from our consultants goes far beyond the tips and tricks you’ll find on the internet. Our methods are backed by extensive research, and proven by more than 400 families in the Twin Cities alone.
Each member of our team comes to you with:
- Either board certification or a PhD level of education
- Intensive training in behavior issues
- Research-backed solutions
- Ability to adjust solutions to your child and your family’s unique situation
JAMIE WALDVOGEL, MS, BCBA, FOUNDER/OWNER, BEHAVIORAL CONSULTANT
Jamie founded Behave Your Best in 2011 when she realized that her experience in behavior analysis enabled her to parent with skills not every parent had access to. Her background uniquely positions her to train parents with the tools to parent effectively and without drama.
Watching her skills work in real time at home as well as in the lives of the many families she serves sparked a passion in Jamie to empower this generation of parents. She wants to see parents develop behavioral parenting strategies so they can overcome “normal” unwanted behavior before it gets “bad enough” to warrant further intervention. Jamie believes that with the right tools, all parents can enjoy their child’s behavior!
- BS, Psychology, Emphasis in Behavior Analysis, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- MS, Behavior Analysis and Therapy, Southern Illinois University
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst since 2003
- Contracted by parents, preschools, school districts, and counties to provide behavioral consulting and coaching since 2011
Contact Jamie at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHANNA NSEUMEN, BS, BCaBA, DIRECTOR OF PRESCHOOL CONSULTATION
Shanna brings extensive experience training parents, teachers, and caregivers to implement behavioral strategies with both typically developing children and those with autism spectrum disorders. As a parent of three children, Shanna understands the importance of practical approaches that real families can implement at home. As a trainer, Shanna also recognizes the unique nature of preschool and childcare settings and loves empowering these teachers and childcare providers to overcome unwanted behaviors and create a peaceful environment in their facilities.
- BS, Psychology and Athletic Training, North Dakota State University
- Experience using behavior analysis to nurture children with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities since 2001
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst since 2009
- Behavioral Consultant and Coach, Behave Your Best since 2013
Contact Shanna at email@example.com.
ALICIA JANNI, BS, BCaBA, BEHAVIORAL CONSULTANT, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
From typically developing children to individuals with head injuries, children on the autism spectrum, and those with mental health concerns, Alicia’s background and breadth of experience enables her to adjust her coaching according to each family’s individual needs. A mom herself, Alicia loves to help parents understand the dynamics of behavior change and to empower parents to improve the overall quality of life in their family. Alicia believes that parenting can be a joy when families have the needed education and skills.
- BS, Community Psychology, Emphasis in Behavior Analysis, St. Cloud State University
- Experience working in mental health, behavioral, and special needs settings since 2002
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst since 2011
- Behavioral Consultant and Coach, Behave Your Best since 2011
Contact Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JENNILEE LACROIX, MS, BCBA, BEHAVIORAL CONSULTANT
Jennilee has experience serving individuals with complex medical and developmental needs, significant communication impairments, unwanted behavior, and other barriers to learning since 2004. She has supported young children, adolescents, and adults in residential, educational, social service, and outpatient clinic settings. As a parent, Jennilee is passionate about empowering and supporting parents/caregivers to achieve meaningful behavior change for their children, as well as to build confidence in their own ability to support their child’s social and emotional needs. Jennilee has effectively taught parents and children of all abilities and ages new skills to prevent or replace patterns of unwanted behavior.
- BS, Psychology, Emphasis in Behavior Analysis, Kaplan University
- MS, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Antioch University New England
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) since 2017
- Training in the treatment of childhood sleep problems and selective eating, supporting parents to address emerging unwanted behavior, and the development of interactive and independent play/leisure skills.
Contact Jennilee at email@example.com
“Jamie and her team are professional, kind, and genuinely care about helping parents and children…It truly does “take a village” to raise kiddos, our family is grateful that BYB is a part of ours. Thank you for all that you do BYB!”– Jill*
*Per the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts we cannot solicit testimonies from current clients. You can read more about our practices and policies related to testimonials here.